Thursday 16 December 2010

You learn from your mistakes


So the forth film through a Holga turns out to be my least successful yet.

 


I don’t know if the fact that the film was expired made a difference but the contrast was really high and most shots were underexposed. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention to the light on the day I took these

2 secs bulb exposure - camera propped on a bridge hence movement blur

I also managed to once again wind over one exposure, but out of the eleven I did take only four look like intentional photographs to me, and even then not that good.



First attempt at a Holga splitter - fail!


Still, hopefully I will learn from my mistakes. I hope the other two expired Tri-X films I used come out better. I also used my home made Holga Splitter for the first time (on the photo of the trees). But this didn’t work out too good. I’ll have to try it again in better light.

1 sec bulb exposure - camera on a rock

















2 comments:

  1. I love them. It is ALWAYS frustrating to get only a few great shots from an entire roll. But sometimes those are the best. I really like the last one and the one with the trees. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete