Saturday 27 November 2010

Glorious Technicolour (Well kodak 400VC colour)

For the second roll of film through my new Holga GTLR I chose some Kodak 400VC. The Holgarama banner at the head of my blogs was shot with the end of this roll. I didn't see the cars on the left in the viewfinder - this demonstrates how difficult it can be framing shots on the Holga when you don't get to see exactly what the lens sees!

I started shooting it where my last blog was shot, at St Fagans Welsh folk museum, the last building I came to was a particularly colourful farm house that I thought would suit the Kodak film. All the buildings in the St Fagans museum have been brought brick by brick, from other parts of Wales and give an interesting insight into what life was like in Wales for previous generations.










I also chose this roll to investigate some double exposures. Some worked, some didn't. I think it is best to shoot the first exposure with few highlights, saving the second exposure for brighter areas like sky.













Next I tried some topiary - again framing wasn't quite right.




On this roll I also shot my first bulb exposure, trying to capture the movement in the water. I placed the camera on a rock and counted "one-one thousand".



For my next outing I will be trying this used 120N I picked up off EBAY. Also trying out the home-made Holga Splitzer I made from a Holga Lenscap.


No comments:

Post a Comment